I bring a caring and competent approach to help you navigate the legal system and get the best possible outcome in your case.
I was born to two United States Air Force sergeants on Fairchild Airforce Base in Spokane, Washington. I have lived in Washington all my life. In 2008, I moved to Tacoma and fell in love with the city, the people, and the culture.
I graduated from Western Washington University in 2007, with a B.A. in Law and Diversity. In 2010, I received my law degree from Seattle University. While in law school, I worked as a legal intern for the YWCA and developed a passion for helping families successfully navigate high conflict family law cases. The following year, I worked as an intern in the Civil Division of the Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney’s office handling complex litigation including civil rights claims and class action cases.
After graduating law school, I worked as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Criminal Misdemeanors, primarily handling DUI cases. My litigation experience inspired me to strike out on my own. In 2010, I started a small Seattle firm called the Landmark Law Group with two colleagues from Seattle University Law School. My first major case was as a volunteer attorney with the Northwest Justice Project. I successfully won political asylum for a gay client from Gambia. He is now a permanent resident and an active member of his community.
In 2012 I decided to open up my own office in my hometown of Tacoma, Washington and started my own practice representing clients in family law, consumer protection, and criminal defense. In 2013, I continued my family’s military tradition by joining the Washington Army National Guard as a Judge Advocate. As a Judge Advocate, I help Soldiers and their families with both civil and military issues. I consider it a privilege to represent our service members and their families. I have traveled to Germany, Virginia, and Georgia for the Army, and I expect to visit Europe again as a member of the Washington Army National Guard.
I am proud to call the Pacific Northwest my home and am an active member of my community and the local legal profession.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Pierce County Bar Association
- Pierce County Family Law Division
- Tacoma Clinic Defense
- Honorable Robert J. Bryan American Inn of Court
- Professional Experience
I’ve won cases against big corporations like Mercedes-Benz. I have successfully appealed heavily disputed child custody cases and brought multiple cases through trial to reach favorable settlements. I am highly active in my community and knowledgeable about alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation, settlement conferences, and arbitration.Mayo & Bighorse Attorneys at Law
Here are some highlights from my career:
- AB Law Office, PLLC, Founding Partner
- Community service including feeding the homeless and defending neighborhood health clinics
- Winning successful settlement outcomes in dozens of family law and consumer protection cases throughout the South Sound
- Legal advisor and prosecutor to separation boards with Washington Army National Guard and US Army Reserves.
- Negotiated plea agreements on misdemeanor cases including DUI, theft, and assault charges
- Drafted trial motions and briefs on a civil rights suit against Pierce County